Monday, January 20, 2014

Goth Confessions

In the past few months, I've really fallen away from dressing in a way that makes me feel good about myself. It started during the summer and continually got worse; basically, I've been bummin' it. I understand why I started dressing worse, but I think it's continued for too long.
I could come up with excuses, of course. I need new clothes but don't have the money or places to get them. But you can find clothes at good prices and you can purchase items at local stores that still have an alternative flare. And it's not that I don't have any good wardrobe pieces, I'm just not wearing them. I've been wearing riding clothes. Instead of clothes I care about, I'm wearing clothes that I don't mind getting dirt or horse slime on.
Another issue I'm running into is the winter weather. I don't have a winter jacket, and the temperatures are usually in the negatives, so I have to wear outfits that involve some sort of thick sweatshirt or sweater. I've been looking hard for a good coat. Preferably one that looks okay with various types of skirts. but I haven't found one that I've liked yet.
So I've been making some changes so that I'm happier with the way I'm living, and what I wear is one of those things I'm changing. Hopefully there will be some outfit posts, or purchase posts. And hopefully I find a winter coat in the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. If you're looking for coats that go well with skirts and dresses, have you stopped by www.bodyline.co.jp? They sell a variety of nice coats - some in the Lolita style and some more generically punk or goth. I've heard good things about their quality too!

    ReplyDelete