Tuesday, January 7, 2014

BPAL Review: Black Hellebore Honey

The scent I wore today was Black Hellebore Honey. This was one of the two free samples that were placed in my order. This is the scent of Black Hellebore, with honey added to it. Black Hellebore's description is:
"Hellebore resembles the wild rose, but does not belong to their family. The scent is a pale green herbal, darkly rooty, with a faint rose and peony-like overtone."

In the Bottle: In the bottle the scent is dark and rooty. It smells like green plants. Almost earthy, but not like dirt in the way that Zombi smells. 
On Skin: The root smell seems to have almost completely disappeared once it was on my skin. It smells floral, I can smell the rosey smell in it. My father said it smelled like a perfume that gets left behind in an elevator. It's a sweet smell (that may be the honey), but it has that certain tint that perfume gets. If I smell closely I can just barely smell the green of the plant. 
Longevity: I forgot to put this on my Zombi post, but where I could still smell Zombi faintly at eight hours, this smell was gone much faster. I put it on around 11:30 and it was gone by 5:30, when I reapplied it.

Overall, I like the smell but it's a little more perfumey than I prefer. I've never smelt a Black Hellebore so I can't vouch for the scents accuracy. 

The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has many, many types of scents. I recommend looking through them. Sometimes it's over whelming because there are so many of them, but it is good to pick a category that sounds interesting and go with it. The imp ears cost 4$ and the bottles seem to cost between 17$-27$. 

If you are interested in Black Hellebore Honey, the link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment