Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Whole Lot 'o Nothing

Source, I'm on a birdcage picture streak this week.
 My newest and most short-lived darling little parrot has taken to throwing temper tantrums when he's left to his own devices. He's been screaming for the past ten minutes and I first it was annoying, but now I'm curled up in the chair laughing. Can't say he isn't determined. I can't wait until he goes to a good home. Often I've thought of keeping him but after my father throws a fit because I took him out of the cage and he throws a fit for being back in it, I see that this can not work out.

Source. These pictures really have very little to do with the post content.
I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series, written by Janet Evanovich. In fact, that is mostly all I've been doing. On Thursday I started book one, and by noon today I had just opened book seven. I've heard they've just recently made a movie about the first book, but since I've little interest in the movie, I couldn't tell you much about it.
The main plot throughout the books are fairly straight forward, they are about a woman named Stephanie Plum who lives in New Jersey and, after loosing her job, went to work for her cousin as a bounty hunter. They remind me a bit of the Temperance Brennen series, which I've also been reading on and off, except that Stephanie doesn't get kidnapped in nearly every book. Throughout the books she meets all sorts of characters, and develops a knack for indirectly, and totally accidentally causing her and her friends cars to blow up, get stolen or get crushed. 
As far as the writing goes, I wouldn't put it next to Shakespeare, but I wouldn't set it by Twilight either. It's a bit mouthy and has a few sexual bits here and there; but not enough to keep my mother from recommending it to her teenage daughter. They are all about two hundred pages, so while I won't be reading them for a while, I highly recommend them for a quick book that is funny in an "Interrupt your class because you've discreetly been reading and have now burst out laughing" kind of way. Since I am very big on neutral faced reading at school, you can be sure that these books are absolutely hilarious.
She's written about two a year, there are eighteen and as far as I know she's still writing. The first books are very big on car phones. There are a few mini books here and there, but the main books start with "One for the Money" the second is "Two for the Dough" third "Three to get Deadly." The names go on like such, but they get lamer book four and out.

I won't rate it out of ten, because I get annoyed wasting days reading on end and will now avoid these books like the frosting-covered plague and give it low ratings. Back when I was reading them, I had a very different opinion. What can I say; I'm weird about books, but this was suppose to be a beaming review.  
Source. All well, I gave an effort.
 Other than that I've been looking at what jewelry inventory I have at the moment. I figured if I wanted to start an Etsy store this summer I'd actually need things to sell. But believe it or not, making things has been a long learning process that isn't anywhere near over which means some of my older things are not as lovely as other recent creations. I'm having one more local jewelry sale before I dive into Etsy. The local sale will be where I sell my less than clean-cut items to friends for dirt cheap ($1-$7), along with things I don't particularly want anymore, but don't feel the need to alter. Along with that I've been working on taking apart some jewelry that I'd love to redo with my newer set of skills.
This is along-side my ever waiting supply of parts that I have decided to puzzle together.
But more interesting, at this moment anyway, is that I've also indulged into teddy bears. Exploring the internet I have found that there aren't nearly enough interesting cuddly things for those of us who'd like to decorate their room without having to do the work to decorate the decor. Although I suppose I'm excluded for this group these days since I'd be doing the work for others.

There is only a week and a half or so until my giveaway closes. So make sure to get in on it. Remember, I'm not counting entries unless they are spoken for in a comment at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment