Saturday, August 13, 2011

Goth Challenge: Day 2

Share photos and experiences from your Baby Bat days
Sadly, I do not have any pictures that go back to my seventh grade baby bat days. I actually don't have any pictures that go more then a year back. Except for this picture:
Horse's name is Rizzo
 But that is a riding picture and was taken the summer after I found out what goth was really about. But this was back when I had blonde hair! I've had black hair for years now.The next most recent picture I have was taken a few months later when I had gotten my second corset and a skirt:
I considered this my first really gothy outfit. Unfortunately, I lost the necklace and the corset and skirt became stuck under the title of funeral outfit for all the funerals I've had. My next picture was taken last summer while I visited Washington DC. It has only been recently that I have made my wardrobe more dramatic, so this picture was still back when I was always in jeans and a T-shirt.
The picture is crappy but that was when I still wore eyeliner. When the next school year started I became to lazy in the mornings to bother. Another thing, you will always see me in the black choker and my S.O.P.H.I.E bracelet. Even back when I was blonde. I got the choker from a very good friend upon the last time we saw each other and I got the bracelet shortly after finding out about the tragedy. I've worn both ever since I've gotten them, although I lost the first bracelet I got and replaced it. Here is a picture taken a month after I returned from DC:
This was a join up after a round penning session with a horse named Red. The join up is the most incredible feeling in the whole world. This is one of my very favorite memories. But I think I look very young in this picture. After that summer I went through a straight bang phase and I don't have pictures from it as I wasn't terribly fond of it. This summer I got a bunch of money together and went on an online shopping spree to give my wardrobe a dramatic flare. This is what I look like these days, I just took this picture a month or so ago:
I'm still recovering from my straight bangs and yes, even in this picture am I wearing the choker and bracelet. So I suppose it really depends on what definition of Baby Bat you go on. If you mean someone who really doesn't know the subculture, then these pictures are after that stage. But if you think of a Baby Bat just as a young goth, then these pictures fit.


Please don't take any of my pictures without my permission.




3 comments:

  1. I agree ^^

    I need to get a S.O.P.H.I.E. bracelet ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks. ^^
    And I become very attached to the jewelry I always wear. I lost my first bracelet after a year of wearing it and I was about to cry! xD I've had my replacement ever since (2+ years) and it has proven very tough.

    ReplyDelete